Late breaking abstract submission is now closed
WSPID is offering a late breaking abstract submission.
Late breaking abstract submission deadline is Tuesday, September 15, 2015
WSPID will only be accepting abstracts that their results were unknown at the deadline of the regular submission period or have a high impact.
Abstracts will only be accepted for oral presentation only.
The late-breaking abstract submission period is not an extension of the abstract submission deadline.
Abstract submission Guidelines
Please follow the instructions listed on this website step-by-step:
- Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. Other file types cannot be accepted. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Abstracts submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official meeting publications.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the 9th World Congress of the World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (WSPID).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts over 250 words will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
· Full first and family name(s).
· Authors' names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract category– abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the scientific program.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words.
- A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is
600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the scientific program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.